Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for modified cars and general car and unrelated random chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my jetta

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dubnutta
Friendly website dictator
dubnutta

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-22

my jetta Empty
PostSubject: my jetta   my jetta EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 1:22 pm

1990 Jetta tx in Mars red with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax, I have owned the Jetta for just over a year now, This being a tx model it comes with full central locking, large GTI style bumpers and arch spats, Full cloth interior in almost unmarked condition, Rear arm rest and a boot large enough to hold a number of dead body's

In the time that i have owned it I have replaced a number of parts to ensure it to always be reliable:-
-New starter motor
-New alternator
-Timing belt and tensioner
-battery
-Water pump

-K&N Panel filter
-factory rebuilt carb, professionally tuned
I have also serviced it every 3-4000 miles.

The Jetta has been fitted with a number of quality modifications to make it stand out from the normal mundane cars on the road. These include:-

-Jettex coil overs currently adjusted to approx 85mm drop front and rear
-A full stainless steel decat exhaust comprising of jettex and mongoose parts with twin DTM style tail pipes (nice noise not very loud)
-Borbet A alloy wheels in 16x7.5" size with rare flat centre caps, These are fitted with good quality tires the front are brand new and the rear are around 6months old.
-Professionally fitted tinted windows (50% all around) to increase security.
-Hard to find top tint factory tinted windscreen
-Category one alarm and immobiliser with pager function.
-German style number plates (standard uk inc)
-Kenwood component speakers including dash mounted tweeters, Full amp wiring Kit, Sony cd player (not fitted in photographs)

The 1600 engine pulls well through the entire rev range, The carb has been rebuilt and tuned on a rolling road so it is very economical when driven with care. The 5 speed gear box shifts through all gears well with no nasty noises, The clutch does not slip as it was replace just before i purchased the car.

The car has no BAD points although there are a few things i would change if i were to be keeping it

-gear linkage does have some play on it (Still changes gear fine and i have a full linkage bush kit that goes with the car)
-clutch pedal is quite high but i have been advised that it could be the cable needing adjusted
-there are some minor marks on the body work but find me an 18 year old car without them.

As the above shows i have spent a fair few £££ on the car, i am only selling as I have another project now and can no longer store both cars.

I have more than likely forgotten something from the advert but i will do my best to update it as and when.

n.b the car does not come with the cd player shown or the sub and amp as i need these for my next car.

my jetta DSCF2004

my jetta DSCF2002

my jetta DSCF2006

my jetta DSCF2008

my jetta DSCF2010

Looking for around the £1600 mark
Back to top Go down

my jetta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: For sale & Wanted-
Jump to: