Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for modified cars and general car and unrelated random chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yet more rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dubnutta
Friendly website dictator
dubnutta

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Yet more rules Empty
PostSubject: Yet more rules   Yet more rules EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 5:10 pm

Classified, rules.

I know, I know, this is To the Boards, we don’t do rules and regs but I feel the need has come to put something down in writing to stop petty squabbles arising from sales via this forum.

Please remember this place is a forum, it’s not a club, people post what they want here usually without moderation, it is very rare for a moderator to step in and move or delete anything other than people posting stuff in the wrong forum.

Anything, more or less goes here, but it seems we are going to have to have some rules to stop what has been happening in the past.

General rules.

This is a FOR SALE forum, where you place items FOR SALE.

If something is offered for sale, it has a price. So tell us what it is.
Dont say "offers" or "bids" without giving a guide price. Its not cricket, it puts off buyers, and it encourages comments from others. That makes more work for us, watching for "shit" happening and deleting offal from for sale posts...

Of course, there are reasons for not putting a price in an ad:

1. Maybe its a super rare item, never seen before that you really do have no idea how much its worth. In that case, its worth asking opinions. Items that are NOT super rare, and rarely seen include just about everything thats ever offered been offered for sale on here...
Check ebay completed auctions for a guide price, generally subtract 20% for the "ebay muppet factor", and you'll be somewhere near...

2. You know what its worth, but youre hoping for a bit of a cheeky bidding war to get the price up a little... well, thats up to you, but dont use OUR forum for it, Use ebay. thats what its for.

3. You think you know what its worth, but to be honest, you think its a bit steep... you hope you get offered it but you dont want to look like a cheeky cnut for asking it...

I cant think of any more to be honest.

If you want bids, put it on ebay. If you want offers, state as such, but give a ball park figure. It'll stop potential buyers worrying about insulting you, and it will help stop the server being bogged down with a million "how much are you looking for..." questions.

thats all folks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Yet more rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: For sale & Wanted-
Jump to: